I like to have a recipe for a “sweet treat” that I always have the ingredients for just in case I need to make something in a pinch! I also love to have a recipe that will go a long way. Oh yeah…and I want it to be delicious! This Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars are a HUGE hit and meet all of these requirements!
These have become my staple sweet treat and they are always a crowd pleaser! I found this recipe from Six Sister’s Stuff and it’s the BEST! I’ve tried so many recipes trying to master this former lunchroom treat that I’ve lost count! This one is the best by far! I love it more and more each time I make it!
Here’s the recipe! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided (1 cup in mixture, 1 1/2 cups on top)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and all sugar
- Add vanilla, eggs, and 1 cups peanut butter, mix again
- Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt, mix until well combined
- Spray a 1/2 sheet pan with cooking spray and spread dough out in pan evenly
- Bake dough for 15 minutes
- Heat the remaining peanut butter in a bowl in microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Pour softened peanut butter over cooked dough
- Let cool until peanut butter is set up and frosting can be spread
- While cooling, make frosting and mix with hand mixer until mixture is smooth
- Spread frosting over cooled bars
I bake in a half sheet pan and cut into 35 pieces! This goes a long way and will be GONE before you leave your party or gathering! Enjoy!